Sunday, December 13, 2015

I pinned it, I made it! Sunday Supper review

 
Today's meal is a side dish that most everyone enjoys....Macaroni & Cheese. 
 
If you are like me and you belong to Pinterest (who doesn't at this point?!), you probably have so many recipes "pinned" and only have made a handful of them!  Well, I decided it is time to change that!  Like seriously, what is the point of saving all them recipes, if I never make any of them?!
 

 
So, I decided that I would start making some of the Recipes I have "pinned" and let you know how they really turn out.  I am by no means a Baker or a Chef, but I do like easy, delicious, have-the-ingredients-in-my-cupboard, kinda food! So simple foods are what I enjoy making.  The kind of dish you can take to a potluck dinner or party and don't have to explain what it is?! 
 
 
Today's dish was done all in my crockpot.  LOVE this method of cooking...just dump it in and go!!! This Crockpot below is One (of the few...lol) of my favorites that I cook most my meals in.  I like the fact it has a 4hr/6hr/8hr/10hr timed settings...and when the time is up, it switches itself to warm automatically!  So, no coming home to over cooked and burnt meals, if you are running late.
I decided to give this Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese Recipe a try. 
 
 
 
 
I did however, add a can of "broccoli & cheese" condensed soup to the ingredients just to make it a little more creamier.  I added that right in the beginning with all the original ingredients.  I am pretty sure if you don't have that, you could add any condensed cheese soup (I might even try Cream of Chicken soup next time!) to this recipe. 
 
 

Easy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe


3 cups milk
12 oz can of
evaporated milk
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz brick of cream cheese
16 oz box of elbow macaroni
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

OPTIONAL: 1 can of condensed soup (cheese, cream of chicken, broccoli & cheese)

 Place all in
Crockpot and set heat to low. Cook for 2-4 hours or until noodles are soft and sauce is the consistency you like (slow cookers vary a lot, especially with something like pasta, so you’ll have to start checking it at about 2 hours and stop once noodles are soft and sauce is the consistency you like.

My review:  It was really good, very creamy, very tasty, had everything in my pantry and very easy to make!  But I have to say, it was definitely done in about 2-1/2 to 3 hours.  At 4 hours, the noodles were a little overdone.  This is in my opinion...A KEEPER! 

This recipe was found over at:
 
This is one of my favorite Blogs, so be sure and stop on over and check it out!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment