Saturday, December 12, 2015

Sending Salutations

What has happened to the Tradition of sending Christmas Cards? Sending Salutations to friends & family?


 Is this another lost tradition that we will soon look back on and say, "Remember When?"  Or something we will tell as a "story of days past" to our children & grandchildren? 

 
Like the days of when Christmas Carolers would ring your doorbell and you would open it to hear beautiful Christmas Carols to just brighten your spirits!



Looking back 20 years ago, I can remember the frame of my doorway being filled with Christmas Cards that I would tape around it (yep, got that little tradition from my Mom)!  From Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, I would love to open my mailbox to find BEE-U-TEE-FULL Christmas Cards sent from friends and family!  Just a small greeting wishing my family a "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" from their family. 
 

 
How I miss those days!!!  Now, I literally can count on just a small handful (like myself) who actually take the time to pick out Christmas cards and sit down to sign and address them to family & friends. I am actually saddened, by the thought of this possibly being another "Tradition" gone one day.
 
 
 
Is it just all the hustle & bustle that we have made our society feel?!  Is it the fact of the rising cost of the stamp?  Or that we rely SO much on technology anymore that we feel if we just make a "Post" on Facebook that this will cover the time of sending a Card? 
 
Whatever the reason may be...please, slow down, take a moment, and "Send a Salutation" this year to your family & friends and just brighten their mailbox with the thought that you was thinking about them this Christmas Season!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment